Tuesday, November 26, 2002

More questions to be answered....Topics blog questions!!
---------------
At the end of a long hard day, what do you do to unwind?

Well, listening to music is a must. If I really want to relax, I'll put it on the speakers instead of headphones. CD's, mp3's, radio, whatever. I also like to watch tv, just see what's on. I chat online, or look at websites. Or blog! :)
-------------------
Which woman from history would you most like to meet? Why? What would you ask her? Would you like to be her?

Hmmm maybe Marilyn Monroe. Why? Because she was a great actress, not to mention beautiful and NORWEGIAN!! I'd probably ask her about what it was like being the most wanted woman in America, and maybe get the dirt on what REALLY happened with Joe Dimaggio and Jack Kennedy.
--------------------
Are there any special rituals or exercises you do to clear writer's block? If so, please share them and describe what you do.

If I'm writing an essay, I definitely make sure to look at the question being asked and see if I am answering it correctly. I also try not to spend too much time on one sub-topic; I like to keep the essay flowing from one thing to the next.

If I am writing a poem, I try to visualize what I want to write about, or conjure up the emotions I want to express. Then I just try to put them into words. But no matter what, I really do visualize things, probably because that's what the poem should do to a reader. Basically I convert ideas and emotions and visuals into poetic form. Or non-poetic form, lol, cause I rarely rhyme.
----------------
Do you speak another language? If you do, how long did it take you to learn? Are you fluent? Was it difficult for you? Are there any other languages you'd like to learn? If you don't speak another language, what language would you like to learn? Why?

Yes, I speak Norwegian. I guess I kind of also speak Swedish and Danish, because it's all pretty much the same language. It took me two years to really get into it good, and that's all the school offered in Norwegian anyway. I am NOT fluent, and I read it better than I speak it. It was difficult, but not as difficult as Spanish. Norwegian isn't that hard for an English speaker who is willing to work at it. As for other languages, I'd like to learn French, German, and maybe Icelandic. However, I doubt I will ever get to learn these languages as they are all hard to learn and take a lot of time and effort. But I do know a few phrases, so that's good.

No comments: