Friday, October 31, 2003

If characters in the Matrix went trick or treating . . .

"I know this piece of candy isn't real. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling me it's chocolate coated and oh so sweet."

"Little kid, this is the time to make a choice. Do you want the red candy, or the blue candy? Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more."

"Trick or Treat!! To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human . . . so hand over the candy."

"Trick or Treat, Mr. Anderson. Your species gives out individually-wrapped pieces of food to each other on this night, as a token of friendship. We, on the other hand, cannot eat candy because it gums up our machinery which, of course, leads me here. We're going to teepee Zion, Mr. Anderson, and there isn't a thing you can do to stop it."

"Trick or Treat, Oracle!!" "Here, Neo, have a cookie, it'll make you right as rain." "How did you know I liked cookies?" "Oh that's not important, what's really gonna cook your noodle later on is, would you have said trick or treat if I didn't have the cookies?"

No comments: