Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I'm sure a lot of you (meaning the five people who read this) have heard of the UK rock band The Darkness, whose catchy rock love anthem "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" is all over the place. I'm really starting to like these guys! They are definitely a "classic rock" band, and a NEW classic rock band, which blows my mind even more. Musically they remind me of AC/DC, Aerosmith, and a lot of other classic rock bands.

Lead singer Justin Hawkins is a frontman in the tradition of Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Freddy Mercury, and a LOT more! His over the top, screaming, operatic singing is just awesome. When I first saw their "I Believe..." video, I wondered if they were for real or not. After listening to a few more of their songs, I realize they ARE for real. This is rock, people! They are serious about the music, but have fun with it at the same time. They're bringing classic rock back to the forefront, and that can be nothing but good!!

I think I'll buy their CD sometime in the next couple months.

No comments: