Wednesday, February 11, 2004

It has come to my attention, via MTV, that this girl has done a soul/dance cover of The White Stripes' "Fell In Love With A Girl" and renamed it "Fell In Love With A Boy". For those of you who don't know, "Fell In Love" is a fast paced, garage-rock song.

WHY, people, WHY???? The song only came out two or three YEARS ago! Why is someone making a cover of it now? To her credit, Joss does a good job with the song, even if it creeps me out to hear it in a non-rock setting. Still, I do not think it's at all appropriate to redo a song that was popular just a few years ago. The White Stripes are obviously still around, and very successful by now, so I can't imagine they're very happy that their first real big hit has already been covered.

That's just my two cents. I'd have put in fifty cent instead, but I'm not a fan of his :p

*update* I'm now a big, big fan of Joss Stone!*

No comments: