Thursday, April 01, 2004

On Tuesday I purchased Aerosmith's brand new album of blues covers, "Honkin' on Bobo." Simply put, this CD rocks ass. Aerosmith and the blues just GO together. The guitar work is amazing, and the singing is awesome too of course. Speaking of singing, Joe Perry sings lead vocal on two of the cuts. I'm very impressed with how well he sings. He could definitely sing lead in a band if he wanted to do so.

So overall I give "Honkin' on Bobo" an A. Two complaints: There should have been more than 12 cuts (two CD's! three CD's! We need more Aerosmith!!) and my SERIOUS complaint is that the liner notes are pretty sparse. They just list the songwriters' first initials and last names. I think Columbia should have put more information about who originally sang these songs, and maybe a little background on each song as well. But, at the very least, we should know who sings these songs by what the artist's performing name is. Other than that, it's an awesome CD and I recommend it.

No comments: