Tuesday, May 04, 2004

It's here!!!

I now have "Pod" in my hot little hands. I'm reserving judgment until a couple days from now when I've listened to the album more carefully and more often, but so far it seems really awesome. I have a few little "quibbles" about the material, but that just comes from my love of their music. I like what I hear so far, though. The DVD that comes with it is pretty good too. The highlight of that is the "North" video. That includes North 1 AND 2, which rocks. I think the song has been remixed a bit, especially the "North 2" part. The video itself is a technical accomplishment. I think Bono of U2 would call it "Really f*****g brilliant" :p

I also got a couple DVD's, including the Saturday Night Live Best of Will Ferrell. I now have the cowbell sketch!! Yay!

ATTENTION DVD MANUFACTURERS!! PLEASE make your products easier to open!! I spent MANY a minute trying to open the darn things, and partly ruined the packaging in the process. The main problem, as I see it, is that the little "security device enclosed" stickers are MUCH too sticky and stick to the rest of the packaging far too much. I've noticed this about EVERY recent DVD I've purchased, and it annoys the hell out of me.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll do a quick review of "Pod" someday soon. Until then, enjoy yourselves.

No comments: