Thursday, August 19, 2004

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I'm going to talk more about Jeff Buckley whether you like it or not.

The expanded re-release of Jeff's debut and only full album, "Grace," is arriving on Tuesday and I am very excited indeed. Included in the package is the original, remastered "Grace" album; a bonus disc of mostly-unreleased material from the cutting room floor of the "Grace" sessions along with some live material; and a DVD including all of Jeff's music videos, a new video for "Forget Her" (a song that was left off "Grace" but is now being released on the bonus disc) and an expanded version of the Grace Electronic Press Kit with new interviews and unreleased footage.

I can't wait to buy the new "Grace" and see and hear even more of Jeff. Whether he would want all of this material released is a pertinent question, but as it is this is what we have of the man. I'm sure Jeff would approve if the release of these songs and images brings his fans happiness, and I'm sure the fans will be happy. I think that's what matters, that and keeping Jeff's memory and legacy alive.

No comments: