Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Someone you need to hear

Maria Mena is an 18-year-old Norwegian gal who is starting to take the U.S. and the world by storm. She's a singer-songwriter in the style of Chantal Kreviazuk, Jewel, Sarah McLachlan, and Ani DiFranco. Her voice is fresh and sounds unlike any other in today's music scene. Her lyrics are beautiful, insightful, and personal as would be expected of an artist playing this style of music. Musically, she's backed by semi-heavy guitars as well as softer acoustic sounds. All in all, she's an amazing artist and I highly recommend her debut album "White Turns Blue" with the hit single "You're The Only One."

Yes, I know this sounds like something some P.R. person wrote, but I swear to you these are all my words and thoughts! I just want to share my love of good music.

No comments: