Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Time to answer another meme question. It's the middle of the week, so that means Midweek Music Meme:

What memory do you have that involves a birthday and music, but not the old standard song "Happy Birthday to You"?

Lately, about the only memories I have are about CDs I've been given as gifts. For my 21st birthday, I got BeauSoleil's "Cajun Conja" and a Hoven Droven (Swedish Rock) CD. For my 22nd, I received Hevia's "Tierra De Nadie" and bought myself Lunasa's "Merry Sisters of Fate." For my 23rd, I got a Jeff Buckley DVD and bought myself Audioslave's debut. This year, I bought myself The Smashing Pumpkins' "Siamese Dream."

Concert-wise, I have seen some good artists in the month of my birthday. Two years ago it was Natalie MacMaster, and what an experience that was! This year, ten days before my birthday, I saw Nickel Creek with my dad. I had a good time there too! So those concerts aren't exactly "on" my birthday, but close enough to count.

No comments: