Friday, October 01, 2004

Friday's Feast and New Music

I recently got the CD buying itch again, so I went today to the local music store I frequent to see what they had on sale. After much consideration, I bought Green Linnet Records' 25th anniversary collection, and Natalie Imbruglia's "Left of the Middle." Both were in the used CD section, so I got them cheap! I'm listening to the Green Linnet album (which is a 2-CD set!) and it's excellent so far, so I'm definitely glad I picked it up. The Natalie Imbruglia CD is one of my favorites so I decided to get it while it's still available used. I also got a DVD of "This Is Spinal Tap." I finally found it in a sale rack after searching the normal store DVD racks!

As usual on Fridays, it's time to feast:

Appetizer
What sound, other than the normal ringing, would you like your telephone to make?
I think I'd like to have Christopher Walken's voice say "Hey! You! You've got a phone call. You better pick up the phone and see who it is!"

Soup
Describe your usual disposition in meteorological terms (partly cloudy, sunny, stormy, etc.).
Sunny, with a high of about 91 and occasional non-threatening clouds.

Salad
What specific subject do you feel you know better than any other subjects?
I'd have to say music, and maybe history, but I don't really think I'm a true expert at anything.

Main Course
Imagine you were given the ability to remember everything you read for one entire day. What books/magazines/newspapers would you choose to read?
I would probably read the Lord of the Rings books. That would take all day, I'm sure, so that's all for books. For newspapers, I would read the New York Times.

Dessert
If a popular candy maker contacted you to create their next candy bar, what would it be like?
I'm not sure I could improve upon the candy bars already created, but how about this: A bar of vanilla or chocolate cake, filled with vanilla ice cream, and all coated in milk chocolate so nothing spills out. I don't know if that would work, but I think it'd be a really good candy bar - portable cake and ice cream!

No comments: