Saturday, October 09, 2004

I don't really have any idea of what to write today, and none of the memes I looked at seemed interesting enough, so . . .

Songs I Like

The Song: Dulaman
The Artist/Group: Altan
Why I Like The Song: This is an absolutely gorgeous song by the Irish group Altan. It's sung in Irish Gaelic, and that singing is the best part of the song. Lead singer Mairead Ni Mhaonaigh has such a beautiful voice, as soft and gentle as a breeze over an Irish meadow. Not only do we get her awesome voice singing in a beautiful language, but the rest of the group sings along with her on the chorus. The effect of all those voices singing together is just heaven. There's also a lot of good gentle guitar playing to back up these amazing voices. This is one of the most beautiful Irish songs I've ever heard.

No comments: