Sunday, October 03, 2004

Weekly Bit and News on Reviews

BeauSoleil reviews will continue either tomorrow or Tuesday, whichever day I feel like starting them again. I took a weekend break to listen to my new CDs and give my brain a bit of a rest.

Meme time. The Weekly Bit. Here we go:

A Bit of Random Questions for the week of Oct 3...enjoy!

1. What is your favorite thing about fall? Is it the weather? Halloween?
Wow, there are so many things I love about fall. Firstly, the beautiful colors of the leaves on trees. The cooling, crisp air that is not yet too cold to stand. The college football season and the start of hockey season. And, in years past, the beginning of the school year, especially in college.

2. Do you have any pets?
Oh boy do I! I have three cats: Harley is a gray longhair male, LOVES to meow, and was born in 1998. Iggy was also born in 1998, and he's a shorthaired kitty. He's mostly white on the bottom, with black and brown stripes on his back, legs, and part of his head. His tail is bent at the end, and I think he was just born that way. He's shy and not real keen on being petted, but he's a sweet cat nonetheless.

Midnight is a female, probably born around 1991. She's black with blonde spots all over. She's very shy, not very friendly with humans she doesn't trust, and she loves to sleep on my pillow . . while I'm sleeping on it!

We also have one dog, who was born last year on my birthday, April 23rd! She's a black Shar-Pei/German Shepherd mix. She's a very sweet, friendly dog but she likes to bark at anyone she doesn't know, or any noise that even remotely sounds like someone knocking at the door. She loves to sleep underneath beds.

3. What is your favorite comfort food? Chicken soup, chocolate cake...etc...
I have many comfort foods. Hawaiian or pepperoni pizza from my favorite pizza place is probably number one on that list. As for home cooking, I always get a kick out of my dad's BBQ chicken breasts or BBQ steak, and my mom's mint brownies.

4. Do you work? Full time? Part time? Do you like what you do or are you looking for something else?
Right now I do not work, but I'm looking for work. I'm not sure exactly what I want to do yet, but I do know I want it to be something I will enjoy doing every day.

5. What is your favorite hobby?
Listening to music and reading are my favorite hobbies. There's no question about that.

6. Who is your favorite author? What is your favorite book?
I don't really have a "favorite" author, but I do have a lot of books by John Grisham, Michael Crichton, and James Patterson. I'd also put J.R.R. Tolkien in that category. My favorite books include the Lord of the Rings books, "Gretzky: An Autobiography" by Wayne Gretzky and Rick Reilly, and "New York: An Illustrated History." I'm also fond of "Dracula" by Bram Stoker and "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte.

7. Recommend a good movie.
I just saw it for the first time today, so I'll recommend "This Is Spinal Tap." It's hilarious!

8. Do you consider yourself a wild child or are you calm and collected?
I am most definitely a very calm and collected person. I'm maybe a little "wilder," if you'd call it that, when I'm by myself. I'm mostly calm and collected, though.

9. What is your greatest accomplishment?
I consider my greatest accomplishment to be graduating from college. I graduated just a little over four years, and that is actually a huge accomplishment in these days of high tuition and full classes.

10. Finish this sentence...
I have never _______________________.
I have never smoked a cigarette or drank alcohol, and I don't plan to start anytime soon!

No comments: