Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday is here once again, so it's time to mambo:

01. What song or songs come to mind when you hear the following words: talk -- private -- eyes

Talk - "Talk" by Coldplay, which is a great song and possibly a hit single.
Private - "Private Dancer" by Tina Turner, of course!
Eyes - "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel

02. If you were the music genius behind the soundtrack for a private eye movie mystery what songs would you choose?

I'd choose "I always feel like somebody's watching me" by that dude in the 1980s. I don't know his name, or the actual name of the song.

I'd also choose "Tin Pan Alley" and "Lenny" by Stevie Ray Vaughan. I don't know why, but those songs say Private Eye to me.

I'd also have a lot of jazz, big band and Sinatra. Also, in light of my answer to the next question, "Watching The Detectives" by Elvis Costello would be appropriate.

03. You're also the casting director for a private eye mystery movie. What artist do you think would make a good private eye. What artist do you think would be perfect to play the hot, mysterious dame?

Bruce Springsteen should be the private eye, and Patty Scaifala ought to be the hot, mysterious dame. Maybe Elvis Costello would work too, he'd be more like a brainy private eye. Diana Krall could be the hot, mysterious dame. Sound good, Andrea?

04. What artist(s) or band(s) do you think should be arrested for crimes against music?

Britney Spears. Axl Rose. The Village People. Eddie Murphy. I think I'll stop there.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Totally in agreement about Ms. Kralstello being a private eye :)

Anonymous said...

You never fail to amaze me. Your comment alone on the BDI blog was brilliant! I swear, you're so clever!

I agree with it all, especially the casting and soundtrack. The crimes again music -- a few right off the top of my head that I would lock up and throw away the key are Tiny Tim, William Shatner and Billy Ray Cyrus for Achy Breaky Heart. Couldn't you just hear them all singing together to pass the time. :^p