Tuesday, June 28, 2005

PUMPKIN WATCH 2005

Smashing Pumpkins Drummer On Reunion: 'I'm In, And I'm Excited'

I think it was fairly obvious that Jimmy Chamberlin, former (and future?) drummer of the Smashing Pumpkins, would be eager to reform the band with Billy Corgan. Apparently he's now officially on board. That leaves James Iha and D'Arcy (or perhaps Melissa auf der Maur) to make up their minds. I don't know what Billy has planned, but I'm excited to find out.

In other news, a song that I'm really digging lately is Kelly Osbourne's "One Word." She's ditched the screamy punk rock that made up her debut album and is apparently taking a more electronic, disco related path. More importantly, she has found a singing voice that works for her, on this single at least. I don't know who thought her banshee wails on the first album would sell, but whoever it was must have been fired. This new, mellower sound is much more pleasing to the ears and I hope Kelly can get clean and continue her musical journey. She has a lot of promise.

2 comments:

Webmiztris said...

hmmm, I'm interested in hearing Kelly's new song. I've only heard her one major 'hit', so I don't have much to go off of, but I didn't like that one. :)

Karen said...

I haven't heard Kelly's new song, I'll have to check it out, if she's really ditched the other style ;-)

Have good day!