Thursday, July 27, 2006

I think it's about time for a photo blog! Last weekend, my family went up to the fish hatchery and recreational area at Leaburg, Oregon for a family picnic. My dad's side of the family meets there every year. We haven't been in a few years, but this year was a must because it was my grandparents' 50th anniversary. As you can imagine, I took many photographs. I'm in the process of uploading many of them to Flickr, but I wanted to highlight some of the good ones here.

Jumble of Trees 1

I don't know why this photo hasn't had more attention! I love the way most of the branches all face to the left. Isn't that cool? I don't understand why some photos are overlooked when others that aren't as good get a lot of views. Such is Flickr.

Fish In Tank #2

I'm very proud of this one! This fish tank was found in a little room in a hatchery building. I had the flash off, which means less light to work with and unforgiving focusing, and I had to take the shot through the glass. It turned out this good! It looks as if I'd jumped right in the water and took the shot from inside the tank.

Hatchery River #3

I'm not experienced with water shots, but I think this one turned out very well. I like how I composed it with the rock in the upper left and the water crashing against it. View the large size on its Flickr page (click on the photo to go there) and you'll see the water in greater detail.

Leaburg Tree #1

I really love this complex system of branches coming out from the tree. I'm a big fan of interesting branch shots, so this one makes me happy.

No comments: