Sunday, August 20, 2006

It's Sunday, so that means a Random Ten. This week's ten, though, isn't quite so random.

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

I saw them a week and a half ago, and now I'm obsessed with them. I'm talking about the band Los Lobos. Before this month, I only knew them for the La Bamba soundtrack. I've recently discovered that they're so much more than that. They're a great rock band, a great R&B band, a great Mexican folk band, and even a great Zydeco band!

In honor of my new obsession, here are my ten essential Los Lobos songs. If you want to listen to any of them, go to their website at www.loslobos.org and fire up the Media Player. You can listen to all of these tracks in their entirety, for free!

1) Good Morning Aztlan
2) Will The Wolf Survive
3) One Time One Night
4) I Walk Alone (Live)
5) A Matter Of Time
6) The Breakdown
7) La Bamba
8) Don't Worry Baby
9) Jenny's Got A Pony
10) Set Me Free (Rosa Lee)

The weekly photo has nothing to do with Los Lobos. It's another shot from the Scandinavian Festival - the Norwegian Flag, on the side of Festival Hall!

Norwegian Flag

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh I love the pic! I swear I haven't heard Los Lobos since La Bamba came out.