Saturday, June 30, 2007

More music for me!

The end of the month has come, and as usual I bought some new music. I decided to buy two albums I wanted to get - Memory Almost Full by Paul McCartney and Introducing Joss Stone by Joss Stone.

I'll have some initial impressions later on, after I've listened to each album a few times in full. Before that, though, I have some comments about the packaging of Paul's album. Whoever came up with this would-be-clever packaging should be fired! When you first buy the album, you think there is no list of songs. Until, that is, you realize that odd cardboard thing on the back with Paul's image on it comes off! I think that was entirely unnecessary and confusing. Also, it isn't easy to figure out how to get the liner notes out. Why couldn't Paul's new label put the CD in a normal CD case? We all know how to use those, and I'm sure some of Paul's fans won't appreciate the complexity of this new CD packaging.

The music's brilliant, though.

No comments: