Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - 8/14/07

Take Me Back Tuesday has 90s fever today:

What bands from the 90's that have broken up do you miss?

The only one I can think of is Soundgarden. How cool would it be to have them back? I'll also mention Sleater-Kinney, although no one's really sure if they've broken up for good or not.

What was your favorite song from that decade?

I have to pick one? That's when I grew up! I'll check my favorite songs playlist on iTunes to see if something familiar pops up . . .

Ok, I think my favorite song from that decade (but one I hadn't heard until this decade) is "Grace" by Jeff Buckley. Either that, or something by Smashing Pumpkins. In the earlier 90s, I was a huge fan of "Whoomp! There It Is" by Tag Team. I think that was their name.

What was your favorite album?

My favorite album that I actually bought in that decade was One In A Million by Aaliyah. My favorite albums from the 90s that I bought this decade are Grace by Jeff Buckley and Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins.

How did you feel about the whole "grunge" genre that popped up in the early 90's?

I wasn't a huge fan of it, but I didn't hate it either. Coming from the Pacific Northwest, I'm proud that a major music movement came from our part of the world. But let's not forget that another great musical sub-genre came out of the Northwest at that time - Riot Grrl. There were many great girl bands to come out of that era, including my favorite Sleater-Kinney.

I think the whole Grunge label was bunk anyway. It was basically just hard rock done by Seattle bands, not some unique thing.

What was your favorite 1hit wonder of that decade?

I know Eve 6 isn't technically a one-hit wonder, but "Inside Out" was a damn great song. I also like "Six Underground" by Sneaker Pimps. That song always puts me in a good mood.

*addition* Another meme player reminded me of one of my favorite songs - "No Rain" by Blind Melon! Legitimate one-hit wonder!

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Tee hee Crystal Pepsi = Ewwwwwwww

FeeFee said...

I have to agree that Aaliyah's One In A Million was a GREAT cd. And the whole concept of crystal pepsi was absurd. Pepsi=perfect!