Monday, September 03, 2007

Monday Music Mambo - 9/3/07

Today's Monday Music Mambo is about that all-American sport - football!

1. The quarterback is the most important player on a football team. He controls the action, and the responsibility for the team's success is on his shoulders. Which musician is your choice for musical QB?

I think the late, great James Brown would be a great music QB. He had the audience anticipating his every move, and he made sure his band could play exactly as he wanted. James in control of every aspect of his show.

2. What album scores a touchdown for you (i.e. it's just the best)?

I'm not going to go with my usual answer (you can probably guess that one), so I'll say Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt. I like every song on that album. It's so much fun to listen to.

3. What song needs a game ejection?

"Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie. I'm sick of hearing it, and I'm sick of seeing the video.

4. Football is about intense, bone-crushing excitement. What song or artist gives you that same feeling?

Listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan makes me feel like I'm watching football. The man attacked the guitar like the defense attacks a quarterback.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

I just discovered your blog while visiting Layla's Classic Rock Faves.

James Brown was a good choice for a musical QB. He used to fine band members for missing notes.

My choice for a musical touchdown would be the soundtrack to the movie "Claudine" by Gladys Knight and the Pips. Not a weak track on the album.

Song that needs a game ejection: (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding. His catalogue is filled with great tunes. However, if you were to listen to most stations you would think that "Dock of the Bay" was the only song he ever recorded.

Song or artist that provides the most intense, bone-crushing excitement: "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.