Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - 9/4/07

Here's a very interesting Take Me Back Tuesday:

Are you a completeist when it comes to your favorite recording artists? (Meaning do you have to have everything they release even if its another best of compilation or something of that nature)

I am most definitely not a completeist in any way. There are certain artists whose entire studio recording catalog I want to buy, but I'll never go so far as to buy every single, compilation, import disc, etc. they ever released. I'm not going to buy a greatest hits just because it has that one unheard song. I can live without it, because I've heard the rest of the songs on the artist's studio albums.

Have you ever bought more than one copy of a certain album? If you did, tell us why.

I have done this before. The first time, I think, was the Legacy Edition of Grace by Jeff Buckley. Of course, I had the original CD version, but I wanted the bonus disc and video clips disc! I kept the original version, by the way.

Second time was Los Lonely Boys' debut album. I already had the first version, and I wanted the new version with videos and bonus tracks. I gave the original version to someone else.

This doesn't count the times I've bought an album I already owned as a gift for someone. One time, I did the reverse and bought a copy of a gifted album for myself!

I'm sure I will be very tempted to buy second copies of the Beatles albums I have once they are re-released.

Which bands make up the majority of your collection? How many CDs, Lps, cassettes etc?

Let me consult with iTunes for this one . . .

BeauSoleil - 10 CDs
Afro Celt Sound System - 6 CDs
Beatles - 6 CDs
Jimi Hendrix - 6 CDs
Smashing Pumpkins - 6 CDs
Elvis Costello - 5 CDs
Jeff Buckley - 5 CDs (if you count both versions of Grace)
Natalie MacMaster - 5 CDs

Obviously, all I have are CDs.

Do you buy an album from a band just because you like them or do you wait until you've heard it before making the purchase?

If it's a band I really like, I will usually buy it whether I've heard it or not. However, I've usually heard at least a few songs and perhaps sample clips of everything. I just can't help myself. But, yes, there are some albums I've bought without hearing more than one or two songs.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Have a giggle come see my answers for these questions :)