Sunday, October 21, 2007

Website Highlights - Aftenposten


http://www.aftenposten.no

I'm of Norwegian heritage, and when I began college at the University of Oregon, I decided to take classes in the Norwegian language to fulfill the foreign language requirement for a B.A. I enjoyed the class very much, learned a lot, and had a great time exploring the many different sources available for reading Norwegian.

One of those sources was the daily newspaper in Oslo, Norway, the Aftenposten. Our teacher encouraged us to go online and read the paper's contents for practice. I still do that from time to time, attempting to decipher the meaning of each story from the little Norsk I still remember.

Aftenposten is one of the major newspapers in Norway, and it is written in the bokmål variation of the Norwegian language. That's good news for me, because bokmål is what I learned in college!

This site is probably only a curiosity to my readers, but check it out if you want to see what Norwegian looks like in online newspaper format.

No comments: