Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blogs and Armed Forces

  • I wanted to know more about Dana Fuchs, who plays the character Sadie in Across the Universe. She has an amazing, Janis Joplin-like voice. A Wikipedia search led me to her official site (she fronts a band in real life), which led me to her blog of making the movie! The stories are really incredible. It's a good inside look at what it's like to be an actor. I've only just begun reading it, but my favorite post so far is her story about meeting Bono.
  • I'm very glad now that I bought the Rhino version of Armed Forces by Elvis Costello. Not only does it sound wonderful, but the bonus disc includes some really great live songs. Basically, Rhino included the full version of the Live from Hollywood High EP that was included with the original album. This totally makes up for my not buying the brand-new version of My Aim Is True.

No comments: