Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - 4/22/08

Here come the tunes:

What's the worst song you've heard in the past week?

"We didn't start the fire" by Billy Joel. I used to like this song, but my last time hearing it left me a bit cold to it. It's just Billy chanting various events and names, with a repetitive, annoying chorus in between bursts. It also doesn't really say anything about the things he's listing, except "history repeats itself."

Have you ever bought an album thinking you'd love it, only to hate it? What was it?

Lonely Runs Both Ways by Alison Krauss + Union Station. Some of the songs are good, but many of them are just boring. Alison has the sappy, soothing ballad down pat. Now she needs to do something a bit more interesting. She's started that with Robert Plant, but needs to do it with her own band too.

I also thought Achtung Baby by U2 would be better than it is. The singles are great, and a few of the other songs are great too, but a good portion of them are repetitive and too long.

I guess I don't really 'hate' the albums, but I don't exactly like them either.

Are there any artists that you used to like but wish would just go away now?

Avril Lavigne. I liked, and still like, her first album. The older she gets, the more annoying she is, because she hasn't grown up much.

I'm not much of a Linkin Park or Evanescence fan anymore, either. I guess I was never a huge fan, but I used to like them both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, finally someone else who agrees with me about Avril Lavigne! lol