Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's here!

No, not my camera. That hasn't even shipped yet. I'm talking about a CD I ordered several weeks ago - "Triona" by Triona Ni Dhomhnaill. Triona was in the Bothy Band, Relativity, and other great Celtic bands. She released one solo album in the mid-70s (unless you count the album she made with her sister Maighread in 2000, which I don't.) It's out-of-print and hard to find, and I wanted to get it while it's still available.

I ordered it from an Amazon.com seller and began waiting . . and waiting . . and waiting. Last week, I decided to email the seller to see if the CD had shipped. The lady who runs the shop emailed me back this week and said it had shipped on the 13th. I waited a few days to see if the CD would come, and figured it was lost. The seller graciously offered to either ship their second copy of the CD, or give a refund. Yesterday, the woman shipped it via overnight mail, and it is now in my possession! Talk about excellent customer service.

Overnight shipping took the surprise out of it, but the important thing is that I now have the CD after a few weeks of waiting. It was worth the wait! It cost me a good deal, but it might be impossible to buy this again. I wanted it, and now I have it. Triona is one of my favorite singers, and she needs to make another solo album! Until she does, this album will more than suffice.

No comments: