Friday, July 18, 2008

Bits and bytes and pretty sights

I finally got with the program and downloaded Google's Picasa program for photo viewing and editing. I've heard of it, read a little about it, but waited until today to download it. Before this, I've just had my photos in folders by date (for my digital pix - random folders for everything else.) It was a pain in the butt to search for a specific photo or type of photo unless I knew which folder it might be in.

Well, no longer. I can scroll through my photo folders easily on Picasa. I'll certainly add keywords to everything, making searching even easier.

Of course, there is a greater reason for doing this. My local newspaper is putting together a photo book of pictures from our county. The cool part is that people in the community can contribute photos. They'll be voted on, and the most popular pictures will be included in the book! It will include a companion DVD, and every contributor is guaranteed to get at least one photo on that.

So, why did I download Picasa? To search through my photos more easily for this project! I really want to be in that book!

Of course, I'll keep everyone posted on here if I do actually make it in the book or win a prize.

No comments: