Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ghost . . . busters?

I was watching the movie Ghostbusters last night. It's one of my favorites.

Did you ever realize that the Ghostbusters don't spend much time fighting ghosts in that movie?

Seriously! I've counted only three occasions:

1. Library ghost
2. The slimer
3. Gozer

The proton packs aren't even involved in the first case! We do see them after the ghost busting during the montage sequences. It is implied that they've been very, very busy. We just don't see them being busy. A lot of the plot is taken up by the Dana Barrett story and the Walter Peck plot.

Heck, Winston doesn't even get to see any on-screen action until the last battle! I'm sure Chris Rock would have something to say about that.

I'm a little disappointed that what I always thought of as an action-packed movie doesn't have as much action as I assumed. The action was suggested. That's actually very clever.

No comments: