Friday, July 25, 2008

Top Five On Friday - 7/25/08

Today's Top Five:

Pick 5 of your favorite artists and tell us what one album by each really got you into them.

1) The Beatles - Abbey Road

Why Abbey Road? Because it was used. Because I thought it was time I buy a Beatles album. I can't remember the year. I think it was 2005. After hearing the album, I started to understand what this band was all about. I really enjoyed the harmonies.

2) BeauSoleil - L'amour ou la Folie

In my freshman year of college, I decided to check these guys out. I found samples for this album first, so that's the one I bought. The record store near campus even had a copy! I don't know why I thought they would, but I was very, very lucky.

3) Elvis Costello - When I Was Cruel

I don't really remember why I got into Elvis, but I do remember that "45," from this album, was the first Costello song I heard. I listened to a few more tracks from the album online and decided to buy it. It was actually released on my birthday.

4) Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

A friend of mine sent me a copy of this, as well as a bunch of other discs. It was my first time hearing a complete Pumpkins album, and I was very, very impressed. I eventually bought my own copy of this. I really need to listen to it more often.

5) Natalie MacMaster - In My Hands

I don't know why this one was my first Natalie album. I think it was the newest thing she had released at the time. I ordered it from the local campus record store, and about a week later I had it in my hot little hands. I picked it up after class and immediately popped it into my portable CD player.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I think I edged you towards EC :) Thanks for playing :)