Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Hi, how is Kiko today?

I decided that today was the day I'd buy my monthly CD or two. I printed out my list of wanted items, and headed to the two downtown music stores to see what they had available. One store had many of the CDs on my list, and the other did not. The latter store did have a used copy of Duffy's Rockferry, but it was one of those promo copies that aren't supposed to be sold. I'll have to save that for another day.

I was in the mood to buy a Los Lobos disc, and the first store had a used copy of Kiko. I decided on that one, and also saw a copy of Ashley MacIsaac's Hi tm How Are You Today? Ashley, for those who don't know, is a cousin of Natalie MacMaster and performs rocked-up version of Cape Breton fiddle tunes. I knew I was not likely to find that one anywhere, and certainly not for $2.50, so I bought that too.

The Los Lobos disc was also $2.50, so I spent all of $5 on my music! That's good, because I've been trying not to spend so much. I could go back again and buy something else, but I think I'll splurge next month.

The discs are both used, and they are both pretty well scratched-up. So far they play fine, and the ripped version of the Los Lobos album plays great. So far, so good.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Rockferry is on BMG. I got my copy for under 8 bucks! I love that CD