Sunday, September 14, 2008

I just don't care

As the days pass by, I find myself caring less about the details of the lives of celebrities. There are only so many hours in a day, and I just don't have time to read even a portion of the articles out there about who did this and who said that. Last night, I found myself with over 200 articles unread in the entertainment news section of my RSS feeds. I clicked on a few that had any interest to me, and simply marked all others unread. Sure, some of the articles might be of interest, but I can't find the effort to read more than the headline.

I already have enough trouble reading the New York Times. I don't even read most of those articles. I try to read as much as I can, but a lot of the stories either don't interest me or depress me.

So much to read, so little time to read it. And I don't even have a job yet. What am I going to do when the 8-hour commitment of a job plus the two hours of commute time take away even more time to catch up on things? How do you all do it?

I'm honestly awed by anyone who manages to read more than two newspapers a day plus all the latest news online.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I find myself caring less and less about the presidential candidates.