Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Introduction to "Introductions"

While doing the dishes tonight, I had a great idea for a new blog feature. I'm calling it Introductions.

It occurred to me that I listen to many artists and bands that aren't very well-known or popular. They should be, but it's not so. I'm going to do my part to make these people famous by writing blog posts about them.

I'll talk about who they are, what they do, and why they're so great. I'll list some important songs and albums to listen to. Of course, I'll also link to the artists' websites.

I realize I'm lifting this idea from the A.V. Club's "Primer" series, but I'm calling it something different and I'll do it in my own style.

I'm going to cross-post the Introductions to my main blog and my last.fm blog. I'll try to do at least one per month.

Check back soon (could be tonight, could be tomorrow) for the first installment. It will feature the band that inspired me to start this new feature.

No comments: