Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - 9/16/08

Live tunes:

You've seen them live:

Tell us the following:

The best artist you've seen perform live and the worst: (from a musical standpoint)

The best musically - Los Lobos. They know how to 'kick it up a notch.'
The most enjoyable - Natalie MacMaster. That woman puts on a show!

The worst musically - I hate to say it, but Buddy Guy. I did enjoy his show, but no moment stood out to me as great. The guy IS in his seventies, and I think he's slowing down a bit. He's a good musician, but I didn't think his show was among the best I've seen.

The concert with the worst audience:

Any concert at the Cuthbert (Chieftains, Los Lonely Boys, Los Lobos, Buddy Guy). It's an outdoor venue, so you get people walking around you, standing in front of you at times, and some of them take their shirts off. It's almost always the person you don't want to see with his shirt off!

The most expensive concert and the least expensive:

Lemme look at the stubs (at least those I've kept) . . .

The Chieftains concert was $38.50, and I'm sure that's not including the service charge.

Least expensive - any of the Willamette Valley Folk Festivals, or the Eugene Scottish Festival. They're FREE! almost free - the Scottish Festival is $1 and three cans of food.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Your comments about Los Lobos don't surprise me. I hope I get the chance to see them live someday.

By the way, it figures that the person who takes their shirt off at concerts is hardly ever "Maxim" material.