Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - 9/23/08

Summertime, and the Tunes are easy:

Summer is officially over so let's do a recap.

Tell us your summer musical memories, whether they are a concert, an album you bought, a song that became special or a new artist you discovered.

The only concert I attended was Los Lobos and Los Lonely Boys in July. What a great combination of acts! I had a great time and I liked that there was no lame opening act.

The album of the summer had to be Rain by Joe Jackson. I bought some other good albums, but that is the one I enjoyed and listened to most. I suppose it's not really a "summery" album, but it is a good one.

The song of the summer would probably be either "Dream In Blue" by Los Lobos (they opened their show with that, and I bought the album it's from a few weeks ago) or "The Real Me" by The Who. I enjoyed them both. Again, I didn't really listen to anything "summery." My listening habits don't often follow seasons.

The only new artist I can really remember discovering is Amy MacDonald. She's gonna go far, I think.

2 comments:

Natsthename said...

I like that Amy MacDonald cd very much and I agree with you.

Ohhh, that Joe Jackson cd is a throwback to his old stuff, and I love it. So good to have him back.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I've loved Rain since it came out. Its a great CD.