Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - 10/21/08

Tunes are part of a healthy, balanced diet:

Tell us 5 reasons why music is an important part of your life

1. It connects me to other peoples, cultures, and times. I don't live in Ireland or Louisiana, but when I listen to the Bothy Band or BeauSoleil, I can imagine what it might be like.

2. There is a variety of music for every mood. Sometimes you just want to rock out. Sometimes you want to listen to something slower, more beautiful. Sometimes you want something that will make you tap your toes. Whatever mood you're in, there's a piece of music for you.

3. Melody pleases the mind. It's that simple.

4. It is something I can share with others. Concerts are more fun when you go with someone and then talk about the experience on the way home. No matter how obscure the artist, I know there are others all around the world who enjoy what I enjoy. Music can sometimes be divisive, but in this world of nasty politics and economic troubles it is something positive to share with each other.

I'm not getting my point across very well, but I think you know what I mean.

5. Music is creative. I appreciate creativity and artistry, and I think those are important things in life. It's always great to hear what happens when people come together and pluck around on instruments. It's always great to hear sounds you've never heard before. Good music can inspire you and stir up feelings you didn't know you had. The passion and work put into music shows us the good things about humanity. It's another way to express ourselves, and one that you can dance to!

2 comments:

Natsthename said...

Wow, you have 5 totally different reasons than mine. Isn't that wonderful? Music is such a beautiful thing in our lives.

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Music gives me hope, keeps me sane, gives me a soundtrack to my life. I'd be nowhere without it.

Cyalayta
Mal :)