Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - 11/25/08

Tunes with your turkey?

What musical things are you the most thankful for?

I know this makes me sound old and unhip, but I'm thankful that CDs are still being produced. I'm also very, very thankful for local, independent record stores! Shopping online isn't as much fun. The thrill of the hunt is something you cannot replicate on iTunes.

Speaking of which, I'm very thankful for my iPod. It gives me something to do on the bus, and keeps me from needing to carry around a ton of CDs.

I'm also thankful for great artists such as Los Lobos and Natalie MacMaster who keep going strong and releasing new material. It's good to have options that aren't corporate hip-hop and pop.

If you could say thanks to one artist/band who would it be and why?

I would like to thank BeauSoleil for coming to Eugene in 2008, and for recording a new album to be released in 2009.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I agree, I'm thankful for real CDs too. Digital music leaves something to be desired.