Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pond Prompts - 3/12/09

Let's see what I can do with the horribly-named Plinky:

Paul Simon was going to Graceland, Toto blessed the rains down in Africa – what place would you write a song about?

I'm sure I'd write a song about my great state of Oregon. I don't know too many Oregon songs. Loretta Lynn did have a hit with "Portland, Oregon" a few years ago, but that's the only one I can think of.

'Frankly, Rosebud, you can't handle the truth!' Have a favorite line from a movie?

I do love "I'm talkin' about - takin' it out and choppin' it up" from The Royal Tenenbaums, just because it's nonsense. Ghostbusters has a lot of great lines - "When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes!" "I collect spores, molds and fungus." Heath Ledger's Joker has some great lines in The Dark Knight too - "You have all these rules and you think they'll save you!" or "I'm just a dog chasing cars - I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one." I won't even get into This Is Spinal Tap because the entire movie is quotable.

Animal face-off! Who would win in a fight between a bear and a shark?

Stephen Colbert tells us that bears are the greatest threat America has ever faced. I think a bear would probably win in a fight with a shark. For one thing, a bear can just get back up onto land if need be. A bear wouldn't be swimming out in the open ocean in the first place. A shark has sharp teeth, indeed, but a bear has sharp teeth and claws. Finally, if the bear is having problems in his fight, he can just call in his secret weapon, Yogi Bear. He's smarter than the average bear, and he knows how to get your pic-a-nic basket. I'd like to see a shark try that.

1 comment:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

"This blog goes to eleven!" lol