Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Tunes - 3/17/09

Today's tunes are Irish tunes!

Happy St. Patrick's Day....

To celebrate:

Tell us your favorite Irish:

Band/Album/Song and why you like them.

Favorite band: Altan. I like them because they have a fiddle-based sound and a lot of energy! They can also play beautifully (and Maighread Ni Mhaonaigh sings very beautifully as well).

Favorite album: I really enjoy The Best Of The Bothy Band, which I bought a year ago. The reels and jigs are completely awesome, and you can't beat the vocals of Triona and Micheal Ni/O Dhomnaill/Domhnaill. The Bothy Band was one of the greatest, and I'm glad their music is still available.

Favorite song: It would be impossible to pick my favorite reel or jig, because they're all great. My favorite Irish song, though, would have to be Altan's version of "Dulaman." I really like the rhythmic Gaelic singing style. The vocals are gorgeous and make you want to sing along.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh never heard of Altan, I may have to give them a listen.