Thursday, April 09, 2009

A post!

I've been more of a passive internet user this week, but I intend to remedy that with this hodgepodge of news about me:

  • I saw "Slumdog Millionaire" at the second-run theater the other day. It's a pretty hard film to take. Watching it, you just know that things are gonna get a whole lot worse before they get better. The cinematography, though, is outstanding. The editing is pretty incredible too, with echoes of early scenes throughout the movie. I had already heard most of the soundtrack, so I knew how good it was, and seeing the film makes it even better. I think the movie's success will lead to a greater appreciation for Indian cinema and an increase in the number of films filmed in India and marketed in America.
  • Last night, I saw possibly the greatest episode of "Mythbusters" ever made. The episode was two hours long and involved many vehicles being crashed, smashed and otherwise destroyed. They really went all-out for this one, and I don't know how they'll top it in the new season.
  • Yesterday I got a great deal on a book I've been wanting to buy for a while. Like the events in "Slumdog Millionaire," sometimes fate will lead you the right way. I found it in a little used book shop in the public library. It was my first time in there, and I found something I wanted.
  • The Beatles' albums are being remastered. I can already tell that I'll probably be buying at least a few of them. "Sgt. Pepper" is a must-have. So is "Revolver," which I was listening to yesterday. I noticed it has a very poor sound quality. Hearing it in full bloom will make me appreciate it even more. I'm excited about the new liner notes and I hope they're done right. I also hope the documentary videos will be good. There will be a box set of these albums. I wonder how much it will cost and whether I could afford it. Hopefully I'll be employed by that time so I can afford it.
I think that's all for now. I'll try to blog more often, but no promises.

No comments: