Thursday, April 02, 2009

Potato Wedges

My adventures in cooking continue. Upset by the lack of potato wedges at my local KFC, I decided to try making them myself. It's true that I don't have the Secret Recipe, but I do have imagination and a fairly well-stocked kitchen.

My first attempt didn't turn out too badly. I think the coating on the potatoes could have been better. It was a little too floury. It wasn't bad, though. I'll have to adjust it next time and come up with a better way of applying it. The potatoes themselves were cooked very well on the inside, just the way a potato wedge/jo-jo should be. I left the skin on some and peeled the others, and the skin-on variety was the clear winner.

Photos? Oh, yeah, here they are:

Potato Wedges #4

Potato Wedges #1

Potato Wedges #3

No comments: