Thursday, May 21, 2009

More Costello

I decided it was time to buy another Elvis Costello CD, so I ordered Trust last week. It arrived today!

I was planning to get the Rhino version, but I just can't afford it right now. $20 is a bit more than I want to spend, and I'm looking to buy the new Jeff Buckley package, which will also be very expensive. Instead of the Rhino edition, I bought the Rykodisc version. That has some of the bonus disc songs and decent liner notes. I found it cheap - it only cost me $5 with shipping included.

I may write a short review at some point, but right now I'll just say that I really like it. It's a fun album, with a sophistication that doesn't sacrifice the energy. Elvis was in fine voice here, and Bruce Thomas has some awesome bass playing on most of the songs. It's a classic!

No comments: