Saturday, June 06, 2009

I'm A Reader

Every time Bloglines or Bloglines Beta would have problems, I promised myself I'd stick with it. I simply liked their features more than what Google Reader had to offer.

Well, now that I can't even access Bloglines Beta, I think I'm switching to Google Reader as my main RSS feed reading service. It may not have some of the bells and whistles of Bloglines Beta, but it simply works (with the exception of the inability to mark things as unread after you've marked all as read).

Who's to say that Google Reader won't eventually add features similar to Bloglines Beta? One thing I like is the simpler method of saving things. In BB, you can 'pin' or you can 'save.' There's not much difference between the two, except that saved items are hidden out of sight. GR has a 'star' system, which is easier and has its own shortcut. You can see all your starred items in one place, too. The other method of saving things is adding tags. The tags appear underneath your subscriptions, not hidden out of sight.

Also, Google Reader actually reads my feeds! Some feeds stopped working in BB, even if I re-subscribed.

Now I just need to wait for Bloglines Beta to come back online so I can grab all of my pinned and saved items. I want my data, man!

No comments: