Tuesday, June 02, 2009

She's Got The Melody

Last night, while watching Conan O'Brien's first night on the Tonight Show, I was flipping channels during a commercial and happened upon the musical guest on the other late night show, David Letterman. I had never heard of the woman, but from the moment she opened her mouth, I knew I was hearing something great.

Let me introduce you to Melody Gardot.

She's an American jazz-influenced singer, with sort of the same flavor as the current British soul girls. In fact, I think she sounds a lot like Amy Winehouse and Adele. I thought she was probably British, but I was proven wrong.

She has an amazing voice and a great band (on last night's show, anyway). I think she's fantastic! Click the link above to hear her stuff. I looked for an official site, but it just links to her Twitter account.

No comments: