Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Making the veiller

Tonight I received the latest update for BeauSoleil in my email inbox. It brought the news of a new BeauSoleil release:

Make The Veiller (Amazon link)

This is another BeauSoleil live album, but it's much more - it includes a DVD too! The track listings overlap a bit, but there are many songs on the DVD that you won't find on the CD. Quite a few of these songs have never been released in live versions, so that excites me. There are also some fan favorites such as "Zydeco Gris-Gris."

After reading about the album/DVD online, it seems to me that it's a recording of a small, intimate show BeauSoleil performed a few years back. I had no idea they were going to have another album out this year! Alligator Purse was released back in January.

I'll probably pick this up sometime this year. It's on Amazon, of course, but I may be able to find it in town. I still don't have their Live at the New Orleans Jazz Fest album that won a Grammy. That is not available on Amazon. Live is what BeauSoleil does best, so I'm happy that they continue to release live albums.

No comments: