Thursday, August 06, 2009

It's over

Never pass up an opportunity to turn a Roy Orbison song into a blog post title.

After a few good years, I've decided to stop updating the meme blog I've been running, Blogdrive Insanity. You may have seen those memes played here - the Monday Music Mambo and the Wednesday Mind Hump. I inherited the site from it's wonderful founder, Friday, in 2005. She is a resident of New Orleans and had to evacuate her home after Hurricane Katrina. Life left her no time to update a meme blog, so she decided to close it. I offered to take it over for her, and thus found myself writing questions for two memes a week.

It was hard to come up with good questions sometimes, and I even tried to change the Mind Hump to a writing-themed meme. We had a good group of regular players for a while. Sometimes I would forget to update, or I'd simply take a break. Over time, fewer and fewer people played. In the past few months, only a few folks have participated (or at least left a comment saying they did). I've thought about closing the site for a while now, and I've finally decided to do so. I'm tired of talking to myself. I wonder if my too-frequent breaks and lame questions had anything to do with it. Whatever the case, I'm leaving it behind, at least for now.

Oh, and a message to the webmistress of the Music Memoirs: Don't get any ideas about following in my footsteps. If it wasn't for the Music Memoirs, my blog would probably die off from too little use!

No comments: