Friday, August 21, 2009

Top Five On Friday - 8/21/09

Five:

Top 5 artists that you hope will put out a better album then their last.

1) Duffy. Her first album was OK and had a handful of good songs, but I'm still upset over how "Mercy" teased me into thinking her songs were more upbeat.

2) Alison Krauss and Union Station. "Lonely Runs Both Ways" mostly runs in the "boring" direction. I expected more out of them.

3) Pete Yorn. Well, we'll see what the "Break Up" album with Scarlett Johansson sounds like. That will be the answer to "can Pete make something better than Back and Fourth?"

4) Robert Randolph and the Family Band. Their latest album is supposed to be out this year sometime. I still don't know why I didn't like it as much as I was hoping. I think Robert needs to leave the preachy songs and the ballads behind and rock it up a bit more.

5) Chris Cornell. An hour of silence would be a vast improvement over "Scream," at least what I've heard of it.

Really, don't we always wish our favorite artists top themselves each time they release something? That's the goal, anyway. Also, this is a hard question to answer when a lot of your favorite artists are dead or don't record anymore.

No comments: