Friday, October 09, 2009

Top Five On Friday - 10/9/09

Friday Five:

Top 5 musical things you wouldn't waste your money on

1)  Most box sets.  For example, the Jimi Hendrix box set.  I don't need alternate versions of "Purple Haze" which aren't that different from the real song. 

2)  Tickets to most "big name" artists.  Paying over $100 for a seat in some arena far away from the band, with obnoxious people surrounding you, and the sound is so loud you can't hear the lyrics?  Not my idea of a good time unless the band is a true favorite.

3)  Digital downloads.  I know this puts me at odd with 90% of music lovers out there, but files are too easy to delete or lose.  Too many bad things can happen to them, and then thing you spent your money on is gone or ruined.  If I buy a CD, I can have the physical copy as a backup and still put the files on my computer.

4)  Super-special deluxe editions of albums, with a few exceptions.  Unless I really like the package or the album, I just want the music.

5)  SACDs or DVD-As.  I don't have the right equipment for those formats.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I agree with all 5 especially the digital downloads