Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Youtube Wednesday - 10/21/09

I like watching Youtube videos, and I enjoy sharing Youtube videos.  Because I do, I've decided to create a new feature on my blog - Youtube Wednesday. 

Each Wednesday, I'll post a video I think is especially cool.  It might be something funny, or a music video or live performance, or a good commercial.  Whatever it is, it will be something I like and want to share with you. 

If you want to take my idea for your own blog, go right ahead!  If you want to give me a link, even better!

This week you're getting two videos for the price of one.  The first one is "Rock This Town" by Brian Setzer and the Orchestra.  It features some killer guitar playing and especially good drumming.  It's amazing what a good drummer can do with a simple kit like this one.  I've been listening to a lot of rockabilly lately, and Brian Setzer definitely rocks my world. 




The second video is a live performance of "Beat Crazy," the title track of Joe Jackson's third album.  It's a frantic, reggae-inspired rock song with both great bass guitar and lead vocals by Graham Maby.  This clip should give you an idea of the energy of Joe Jackson shows back in his younger days.  These days, you'll mostly find him behind a piano.  His shows are still good, just different.

No comments: