Friday, February 05, 2010

Simply amazing

Yesterday I saw the movie Avatar in 3-D.  The movie is basically this generation's Star Wars, so I didn't want to miss out.

I was really impressed!  My ticket cost much more than a normal movie ticket, but the experience was worth it.  Even without 3-D, I would have been amazed by James Cameron's beautiful film.  It was magical and incredibly entertaining.  I don't go to movies that often, but I chose a good one yesterday.  It was an escape, and that's what you want from movies.

I thought the 3-D was done very well.  Sometimes things would have depth (foreground and background separate).  Other times, things would pop out at you.  Once in a while you'd see something walk in front of you or float around you, which is a very disorienting experience.  I got used to the 3-D vision after a while, but I suppose that makes sense.

If you have any interest in seeing Avatar, do it now while the film is still in theaters and still in 3-D.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments: