Monday, March 08, 2010

Pond Prompts - 3/8/10

My Favorite Season

My favorite season would have to be summer.  Spring is nice too, as is fall.  Winter?  Too cold, too dark, too damp.  I like summer because the sun is constantly there to comfort with its warmth and brilliance.  I definitely like warmth, mostly because I live in a place that never really gets too hot.  I like not having to worry about weather conditions or whether I need to carry an umbrella or jacket.  It's a great time to get out and take photographs.  And, last but not least, we get a beautiful blue sky instead of gloomy clouds.

Name any life changing books you've read.

I'm not sure there are any books that have literally changed my life.  I've enjoyed them, but they have no effect beyond that.  I did recently read The Grapes Of Wrath, though, and that one taught me a lot about the Dust Bowl, which I was fairly ignorant of until recently.  It led me to research the topic in greater detail, always a welcome response to a novel.  

What type of person are you: a night owl or early bird?

I am most definitely a night owl.  It's easier for me to go to bed than to wake up.  The interruption of sweet sleep is never very welcome to me.  Sometimes I get a weird burst of energy late at night.  Often it will make me want to listen to music.  Perhaps the end of the day urges me to pack as much into the remaining time I have as I can.  Of course, that often prolongs the time I spend awake, but that's how it is.

No comments: