Friday, November 01, 2002

Ok, think I'll answer some Topic Blog questions tonight:

Have you ever heard a song and think that the song must be about you? If so, what song and how does it relate to you?
Yes, I have. The song is "Love Song For No One" by that great young singer/songwriter, John Mayer. It's a song about searching for love, or hoping love finds you, and wondering who it will be and when they'll come. It's kind of tough to know there must be someone out there for you and you want them to come, but you keep waiting. I can relate to that.

Have you ever thought of playing a musical instrument?
I can sort of play instruments. I started the D tone Irish Tin Whistle last summer, and I'm ok on it. Wish I could do more with it, like play actual songs. I'm also starting on guitar, but I'm not too serious about it. I play around on it and stuff, learning little bits of songs. Guitar is hard for someone like me with small hands and fingers. I'd love to learn Violin/fiddle too, although that might be a bit loud for a dorm room. I wish I had more musical talent, because I like music so much that it's hard to supress the urge to make some of your own.

If you could invent a holiday, what would it celebrate? What day would it be?
Where to begin on this one?? Well, for starters, Jeff Buckley day. Or maybe Jeff and Tim Buckley day. Umm let's see . . . Hockey day? Or Music Day . . . by law you must listen to a minimum 10 hours of music on that day, dancing at every available opportunity. And definitely a Lady Salana festival, for a week straight ;) doing whatever she tells us to do.

So did you dress up for Halloween? What did you do for the big event? Have you started making your holiday season plans yet?
Dressed as a college student.....big stretch eh? For Halloween, I listened to lots of music, watched the making of Michael Jackson's new video "Ghosts", and went to Dairy Queen for dinner. That was my trick or treating for the evening. As for holiday plans . . . I'm just gonna go home, chill out and enjoy family. And food. Maybe make lefse. I hope this xmas season is as good as last year's. Last year I kindled a loving friendship, and that was the greatest gift I could ever receive.

Do you like candy?
No, I don't enjoy satisfying my pallete with sugary bunches of goodness, melting down my throat and making me warm and smiley all over. Ok, please note the heavy use of sarcasm in the previous sentence. Today at lunch they had these awesome chocolate chip cookies. I wasn't in the mood for sweet stuff, but they were sooooo good I just couldn't help myself.

No comments: