Saturday, November 09, 2002

Well folks, with some luck I may be going to see the Irish music band "Kila" at the Hult Center in Eugene on Wednesday!!! *BIG smile* My mom and perhaps my sister will go with me. Kila is a self-described "nua traditional" group. If I were to describe them, though, I'd say they are a bit like Afro Celt Sound System, but without the electronica elements. Their music is quite eclectic to my ears.

Groups like this only come to Eugene once in a while, and so I like to take advantage when I can. This is one of those times, and hopefully I'll get to go for sure. I'm still kicking myself for missing Lunasa, one of my FAVORITE celtic groups ever, last year. So if I can make the Kila show, things will be good. And it's a way of getting away from the schoolwork for a while.

For more information about Kila, including sound clips and videos, go to their homepage at www.kila.ie.

No comments: